A CAN-FD connected expansion board to provide complete control of the direct drive extruder.
The Duet 3 Toolboard is a CAN-FD connected expansion board for the Duet 3 Mainboard designed to provide complete control for a direct drive extruder. The mounting holes and connector locations match an E3D Hemera. However, it can be used with other direct drive extruders with suitable brackets. The stepper motor, heater, temperature sensor, fans, and optionally Z probe and filament monitor all connect to the Duet 3 Toolboard, leaving only CAN-FD and power wires to run back to the Duet 3 Mainboard or Tool Distribution Board.
- ARM Cortex M0+ processor running at 48MHz
- One TMC2209 stepper driver with stall detection and Maximum output current 1.6A peak, 1.1A RMS
- One medium current output intended for extruder heater, maximum current 5A
- One 3-wire 12V fan output (also accept 2-wire fan)
- One 4-wire 12V fan output (also accepts 2-wire fan)
- Two thermistor or PT1000 inputs. One uses a 16-bit ADC for high-resolution reading of PT1000
- One 3-pin filament monitor connector
- One Z-probe connector
- Two pushbuttons and indication LEDs
- 12 to 32V power input
- On-board 12V, 5V, and 3V regulators
- CAN-FD interconnects to the main controller board and other Toolboards or expansion boards
Optional Connector Packs
The Tool Board has an optional connector pack that includes the following:
- 3-way JST ZH tail 150mm with plug (optional filament monitor connector)
- 4-way JST ZH tail 150mm with plug (CAN in)
- 4-way JST PH tail 300mm with plug (motor connector)
- 2-way JST VH housing & crimps
- White single ferrules for heater screw terminals
Grab 4 x Tool Boards with a Tool Distribution Board for a reduced price, perfect for tool changers. The bundle option comes with connector packs for the Tool Boards, and Tool Distribution Board is included as standard.