Provides connection to an external stepper driver and associated peripherals. Comes with standard Duet 2 RJ11 connectors.
The Duet 3 Mainboard 6HC featuring 6 High Current Stepper Drivers is Duet’s latest generation controller board that builds on Duet3D’s experience in developing the most flexible and expandable 3D printer control solutions. It is the core of the Duet 3 family which provides control for a wide range of machines, including 3D printers, CNCs, laser cutters, and more. Duet 3 series aims to allow maximum machine design flexibility through competent mainboards, expansion boards, smart tool boards, and custom expansion modules. The flexibility of configuration and advanced features are enabled by Duet’s innovative Rep Rap Firmware 3 running on the Duet 3 Mainboard and Duet’s customized Duet Software Framework running on a single board computer.
- Powerful 32 Bit Processor (ARM Cortex M7 @300Mhz)
- Dedicated High-speed bus to a single board computer (e.g., Raspberry Pi) for the user interface and plugins
- 6 High Current Trinamic 5160 stepper drivers running at up to 4.45A RMS, 6.3A peak with firmware control of the complete feature set including up to 256 micro steppings, StallGuard 2 and StealthChop2
- 2 CAN-FD buses that support the next generation of Duet3D expansion boards, smart tools, and the initial custom target is support for up to 8 x 3 channel expansion boards (another 24 stepper channels)
- 10 PWM outputs of varying current capacities support a high current heated bed, 3 extruders and 6
- 9 IO ports for end-stops, probes, filament monitors, and other
- 4 Thermistor/PT1000 inputs and support for 4 PT100/thermocouple inputs via the optional daughterboards
- Connect via PC, tablet, or smartphone to the onboard web interface on the same network
- Set up your printer and update the firmware through the web interface
- All standard 3D printer geometries are supported
- Support for a wide range of Z probes, including DC42’s IR Z probe and the Duet3D Smart Effector for delta printers
The documentation for Duet 3 is under development: initial information is here:
As an example of the many expansion modules planned, a quick overview of the Duet 3 Expansion 3HC board is available here.
The Duet 3 Expansion 3HC board adds 3 more high current stepper channels along with heaters, fans, and IO.
The Duet 3 Toolboard 1LC is a CAN-FD connected board designed to sit on a direct drive extruder and handle all functions with only BUS and Power wires connected.
The Duet 3 Expansion 1XD is a CAN-FD connected board for providing Step/Direction signals to external stepper and servo motor drivers