It makes prints more accurate by allowing the hotend to be used as a Z probe and using precision PCB manufacturing.
The Smart Effector for delta printers allows the hotend to be used as a Z probe giving fantastic accuracy across the whole delta build area by eliminating the effect of tilt. It uses precision PCB manufacturing to ensure equal hole spacing between the effector and the carriages on the towers, further improving accuracy.
- Supplied with a custom machined e3d v6 heatsink (produced by e3d on Duet’s behalf) to replace the standard heatsink on a 75mm e3d V6 hotend
- Supplied with 3 PCB carriage adapters with 20mm mounting hole spacing compatible with standard linear rails and wheel carriages
- Duet has 360mm arms and ball studs as a separate listing – they are not included. Various other lengths of arms are available from Haydn directly or other suppliers
- Duet list sets of 6 spare mag balls if you want to have multiple smart effectors for a quick
- The smart effector simplifies the wiring of hotend components with plug connectors from the thermistor and fans, along with a screw terminal for the heater. Molex and micro fit connections are then used for wiring. Crimp pins and housings are supplied for all connections
- Optionally a genuine E3D V6 kit for 1.75mm filament with PT100 or thermistor can be added, not including the heatsink as that is supplied as (24V available by default)
More detail is available in the documentation.